A curated collection of contemporary culture
This anthology of West Coast artists and writers curated by Nanette Wylde is available October 2022 from Hunger Button Books.
The works included in this collection provide a strong insight into current art practices of diverse voices in the greater Bay Area. Many of the artists respond to historical situations and events including Japanese internment during World War II, social justice issues, human nature, the covid pandemic years, the nature of being an immigrant, the politics of art, and the natural world.
Included are four insightful interviews with Elizabeth Gómez, Minoosh Zomorodinia, memorist Kathleen Canrinus, and the late scholar and artist Jane Reichhold, as well as essays by Richard Lang, Katherine Bazak, Lyn Bishop, and Jan Rindfleisch.
Poems from Lake County Poet Laureate Georgina Marie Guardado, Bay Area youth ecopoet Lauren Lin, and Northern California haiku aficionado Jane Reichhold round out the collection.
- Featuring artworks by: Shari Arai DeBoer, José Arenas, Ellen Bepp, Harlan Crowder, C.K. Itamura, Bodil Fox and Larnie Fox, Reiko Fujii, Kathy Fujii-Oka, Elizabeth Gómez, Richard Lang, Cynthia A. Osborne, Linda MacDonald, Melissa Pagluica, Agnes Pelton, Na Omi Judy Shintani, and Minoosh Zomorodinia
- Essays by Katherine Bazak, Lyn Bishop, Richard Lang, Jan Rindfleisch
- Interviews with Kathleen Canrinus, Elizabeth Gómez, Jane Reichhold, and Minoosh Zomorodinia
- Poetry by Georgina Marie Guardado, Lauren Lin, Jane Reichhold and Anonymous
- Entanglements is a printed book available through Hunger Button Books, October 2022
Full Color, 126 pages
Consignment & Wholesale inquiries: Hunger Button Books
Cover Image: Harlan Crowder
Now available at:
Gallery Route One, Point Reyes Station, California
San Jose Museum of Art, San Jose, California
San Mateo County History Museum, Redwood City, California
The Main Gallery, Menlo Park, California
Sampling of Entanglements’ Opening Spreads